THE STORY OF THE KITCHEN
In 1983, Knud Boel Troelsen founded the kitchen company Kvik right in the middle of Jutland. The enterprising contractor had listened to what people were saying about the kitchen industry's long delivery times, opaque sales and service and way too high prices.
Knud believed that it could be done better, and customers thirsted for the combination of flexibility, quality and availability. A quick road to a new kitchen was missing. Consumers should be pleasantly surprised.
STORES IN EUROPE AND ASIA
- In 1983 the first stores opened in Denmark and in 1999 Sweden was added.
- In 2002, Kvik opened in Norway and Finland, and three years later came the first stores in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- In 2007, France and Spain joined.
- In 2011, Danish kitchens came as far as the Faroe Islands and Thailand, followed by Iceland.
DANISH DESIGN FOR EVERYONE
Kvik stands for delicious, Danish design at attractive prices. We believe that everyone has the right to a beautiful home, where large and small details play together in a harmonious unity.
It may be your kitchen that you are focusing on right now. But maybe that's just the beginning? With Kvik, you have the opportunity to create a complete design style in all rooms of the house.
FACTS ABOUT KVIK
- Today, there are around 1140 employees in Kvik who, in addition to kitchens, also sell baths and wardrobes in Danish design.
- Of these, 240 work in or from the head office in Denmark.
- Today, the Ballingslöv Group is one of the leaders in kitchen and bathroom in Scandinavia and England and is owned by Swedish Stena, which owns Kvik.